Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tomato, pesto and mozzarella ring with Taste Of Tuesdays

 

Tomato, pesto and mozzarella ring

Linking up with Ashley and Jessica for another recipe swap-a-thon

I've made this ring numerous times and it always gets eaten. It's super simple and somewhat healthy, but who's talking about health here? Fair enough?


What you will need...

   
2 packages of Pillsbury crescent rolls, I used reduced fat
2 tomatoes
1 ball of mozzarella 
1 container of reduced fat pesto, or make you own with Alexa's poor man's pesto 

Grab one large baking sheet and "pam" it.
  Take out both of your cresent rolls and make a cirlce with them. Pinch them where they meet to make the stay together.

     
Bake as directed.

Slice up tomatoes and mozzarella


Once your ring is baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool a bit. You are going to have to halve this, so have a bread knife handy so that you can slice it, (yes "have" was just used 3 times) You want to make this ring into a sandwich. So, there will end up being a top and a bottom piece.
 


After you have sliced it, place the top piece to the side and load the bottom piece with your pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella and a little salt 'n pepper.
 

Once you are done, put the top piece on and cut the ring into 2 inch
sections

We like to eat this warm or cold, it's good either but it won't last a minute

OH! And don't forget to enter my giveaway
An adorable camera strap from The Poppy Shoppe, with your choice of design!  

17 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks delicious! Starbucks has a sandwich like that that I'm obsessed with. Although there's is all melty when you get it. Stealing this recipe for wine night. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this looks sooo good!! And sounds so easy!! Need to make asap (after the diet of course ha). Thanks for linking up girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good!!! Must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MAN. I have to try this. PESTO IS MY BEST FRIEND!!! I just know this is going to make my way into my belly ASAP

    thanks for sharing! favoriting this now!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks soooooooo good!!!! I know what to make for a snack now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks sooo delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello new summer lunch! That looks soooo good, except I hate tomatoes. Any suggestions for something else to put in there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so quick and easy to make. Love that you can eat it hot or cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by fromTaste of Tuesday. This is a great idea! xx

    Amanda @ Rhyme & Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks SO good... I'd definitely heat it up, sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds amazing! I will definitely have to try...I'm a sucker for anything with tomato & mozzarella!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY buckets, I will be making this, probably right after I get off work.
    NUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing! I can not wait to try it out!
    Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhhh lawwwwws! i gots to try this tonight. looks amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't even describe how amazing this looks ... mmmm drooling!!

    MrsLauraBeth.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave a sweet comment. They make my day :)

Pin It button on image hover